Trial - // Error: Could not obtain an interface license (-200)! //

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trial - // Error: Could not obtain an interface license (-200)! //

I don't have a license yet so I installed the trial and get the error upon clicking the render button "// Error: Could not obtain an interface license (-200)! //"

Isn't that the point of a trial?

Off to a great start Chaos.

Hello,
    which V-Ray version did you install and which Maya version you have installed.
    Some more information like the steps you took during the installation of V-Ray and the License server will be very useful. After the activation of the trial license are you able to see the activated licenses when you open http://localhost:30304?
    Also could you please check are the V-Ray license server settings pointing to the correct machine (usually localhost) on which the license server is installed? You can do this by opening the Start Menu\Programs\Chaos Group\V-Ray for Maya 201X for x64\Change license settings shortcut in the start menu.
    Ivan Shaykov
    chaos.com

Comment

Thanks Ivan, I have a full license now and everything is running fine. I think the trial error was related to the vrlservice_installer.exe not run as admin or something - anyway it's all sorted. Thank you for the response and sorry to waste your time.

Comment

No problem, I'm happy that everything is all right and working.
        Ivan Shaykov
        chaos.com

Comment

Working...
        X