Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VRay IPR causes Maya freeze

Hi,

I can't 100% reproduce this, but on heavier scenes. I can run IPR just fine when render region is enabled. However while the IPR is running if I turn off render region and V-Ray then tries to render the entire framebuffer Maya will freeze/lock up indefinitely.
    Maya 2020/2022
    Win 10x64
    Vray 5

Can you try a stable nightly and see if the problem is fixed there? I think we fixed some issues in that regard.
    Alex Yolov
    Product Manager
    V-Ray for Maya, Chaos Player
    www.chaos.com

Comment

Hi, with the latest 3.6 build it seems that changing render region with IPR seems to still freeze the UI. It's very unpredictable but it happens.
      Maya 2020/2022
      Win 10x64
      Vray 5

Comment

Which IPR engine you are using (CPU/CUDA/OpenCL) ?
        Do you use out of process IPR (Settings -> IPR -> Advanced -> Use out of process IPR)?
        Do you have DR enabled in the scenes?

Best,
        Alex

Comment

Hi,

I'm using th CPU engine.
          No DR is enabled
          And "Use out of process IPR" is off.

This happens in Maya 2018 and August 18th build of V-Ray.
          But I noticed it also happened in the last public V-Ray release for Maya 2017.
          Maya 2020/2022
          Win 10x64
          Vray 5

Comment

I still can't manage to reproduce it.
            Next time when it happens to you, it would be very helpful if you can make a crash dump and send it to us.
            I'm posting a link to article that explains how to create crash dump.

Best,
            Alex
            What is a dump and how is it useful? A dump is a snapshot of an application at the point in time the dump is taken. It shows what was executing, what modules are loaded, and if saved with heap contains a snapshot of what was in the application

Comment

No worries, I'll give it a go.
              Maya 2020/2022
              Win 10x64
              Vray 5

Comment

I'm surprised, it happens pretty much 100% of the time when changing render region. I've sent a PM with a link the dmp file.

Please note, maya doesn't crash - the UI just freezes and CPU usage is constant (1 thread).
                Maya 2020/2022
                Win 10x64
                Vray 5

Comment

Do you have the denoiser enabled ?

Greetings,
                  Vladimir Nedev
                  Vantage developer, e-mail: vladimir.nedev@chaos.com , for licensing problems please contact : chaos.com/help

Comment

Yes I do Vladimir.

I notice too that always IPR switches to this layer which is annoying because it doesn't update in realtime, so I keep switching it back to the main pass when using IPR. I'll disable denoiser and see if that works.
                    Maya 2020/2022
                    Win 10x64
                    Vray 5

Comment

We reproduced the problem and it's logged in our bugtracker. We will get back to you as soon as we have something.
                      Thank you for all the effort to localize the issue.

Regards,
                      Alex

Comment

Working...
                      X