Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

slow IPR and frozen UI with ramp node (thousands of control point)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• slow IPR and frozen UI with ramp node (thousands of control point)

Hi,

Experimenting with anisotropy shader and using a ramp node (circular ramp) that has thousands of control point in it (as in screenshot).
    It took a long time to start IPR and the UI is almost frozen most of the time so I can't keep look-deving the shaders in Hypdershade.

Env: Maya 2017, Win 7, V-Ray 3.52.01

Attached Files
    always curious...

Hi,
    I'm unable to reproduce the issue, it runs smooth and fine on my end (3.52.01). Do you use any color corrections like LUT or OCIO in the VFB while rendering IPR?
    Ivan Shaykov
    chaos.com

Comment

RE: LUT or OCIO in the VFB, not I can remember. I can attach the scene if that helps.
      always curious...

Comment

I found that if I turn OFF swatches automatic update in the Hypershade, it helps the UI freeze. But still, it takes a while for IPR to start and when I adjust Bump Mult value, it takes a while to get IPR to reflect the adjustment. The shading network is simply this ramp node plugged into the Bump slot of VRayMtl and the scene is only a plane with two VRay Rect lights.

Scene attached. (Maya 2017 update 3, V-Ray 3.52.01 x64)
        Attached Files
        always curious...

Comment

Thanks for the scene, I'll look in to it and get back to you.
          Ivan Shaykov
          chaos.com

Comment

I've logged the issue in our system. Disabling the swatches might help you speed up the IPR, but it will still be slow. I'll let you know when we have a fix or a workaround for this.
            Thanks for the feedback.
            Ivan Shaykov
            chaos.com

Comment

This should be fixed in the next nightly.

Comment

Great to learn that this will be fixed in the next nightly. Are you referring to the 3.6 stable builds or? I was told that the nightly won't be updated for a while due to SDK changes.
                always curious...

Comment

We were referring to the nightlies with the SDK changes, sorry about that. Soon we will make it available for the stable 3.6 builds. I'll keep you updated and let you know when this is done.
                  Ivan Shaykov
                  chaos.com

Comment

I see. Thanks for the clarification, Shaio.
                    always curious...

Comment

Working...
                    X