Fatal Error

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fatal Error

Ok, so im having a mare of a week...i dont know if its maya 2017 U4 (of course it is) or what...but ive just had a new error ive never seen before.

// Error: V-Ray : There was a fatal error updating the scene at time 1.000000 for V-Ray //
    // Error: V-Ray : Fatal error clearing key frames. //
    // Error: V-Ray : Fatal error clearing key frames. //

I just added a blend material and clicked render.. then maya crashed.

Seriously thinking of giving up cg at this rate..did it used to be so bad
    e: info@adriandenne.com
    w: www.adriandenne.com

Can we get that file for inspection ?
    Tashko Zashev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

if it happens again..i'll try...i just thought i would post it...so many issues since installing update 4, at least 10 crashes a day...getting a little crazy For example ive just had to restart maya as when i tried to save the render image from vfb, no window appeared and the maya renderview window refused to open...sigh

Comment

That's a very annoying issue. Can you search the temp folder for the Maya crash dump file ? Can attach it here if such file exist for the latest crash ?
        Tashko Zashev | chaos.com
        Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

hi, sorry i really couldnt tell you which one it is If it happens again i'll grab it. I just thought i would post the error code.

Comment

I cant help you about with the fatal error. But the problem you're having with not being able to open the maya render view window I get sometimes aswell (I've had the same problem not being able to open render settings).
            Im not sure how it happens, but sometimes the window gets docked somewhere (but closed, so its not docked yet. but its trying to dock it). Most of the time its docked as a tab in the hypershader. And for some reason Im not allowed to open it when the VFB is open.
            It might have to do with "Hide Render View" being checked?.

Try close the VFB and then open the render view/render settings.
            It will most likely open as docked into the hypershader. Its pretty annoying, but I've gotten used to it :P
            CG Artist - RnD and CG Supervision at Industriromantik

Comment

Working...
            X