VrayFur and light linking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VrayFur and light linking

We're trying to exclude VrayFur objects from certain lights but are unable to for some reason.

What is the correct way of doing that in Maya?

We support light linking between a light and the object to which the fur is applied. If you exclude the base object, it will also exclude the fur from that light. Would this work for you?
    Alex Yolov
    Product Manager
    V-Ray for Maya, Chaos Player
    www.chaos.com

Comment

Hi Alex!

In our situation the assets inside of our scene are references. Unlinking the base object from the lights doesn't seem to affect the fur.
      I tried creating a very simple scene that includes a reference of a sphere with VrayFur and the problem persists. Unlinking the sphere from the light doesn't affect the fur.

Comment

Another scenario where light linking doesn't work: Multiple VrayFur systems growing from the same object.

I've attached two scenes that illustrate both issues.

ReferencedObject: A simple scene with an included Reference of a sphere with VrayFur and a Vray light. Sphere is un-linked from the light and yet VrayFur is still affected.

MultipleSystems: A sphere with two VrayFur systems assigned to it. Sphere is un-linked - both VrayFur systems are still affected. Delete one of them and then everything is fine.
        Attached Files

Comment

You are correct, I can confirm both cases. I've logged those as bugs in our system, so whenever there's any progress on these we'll let you know. Thanks for the report and the scenes and sorry for the inconvenience.
          Alex Yolov
          Product Manager
          V-Ray for Maya, Chaos Player
          www.chaos.com

Comment

Thank you for your help!
            We'd appreciate a quick resolution to these issues.

Comment

Working...
            X