Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vray 3.6 toggle test resolution

Hi All,

Well just installed vray 3.6 and i noticed the new toggle test resolution setting in vr framebuffer.

My normal workflow used to be snapshot in maya FB at required test res then hit render region. that region would render at the selected resolution. in vray FB

Now i have to select the required test resoluton twice! why make it more long winded or what are other peoples work flow and how are they finding it?

What would solve this would be a snapshot of viewport in vray FB then i could do away completely with the shoddy old maya FB

thanks and tips welcome

matt

I'm not sure I completely understand your workflow.
    We don't use Maya Render View's test resolution directly, because it lacks some callbacks in the API that we need, so we implemented our own.
    V-Ray for Maya dev team lead

Comment

Hi,

I think i need to stop using Maya render view, i like it because i can do a quick viewport snaphot and then draw a region around the area i want to render. If i have Vray FB open it would render this region at the resolution i set in maya render view. Now i have to select the same test resolution twice once in maya render view and again in vray FB. It has just added another step to my process thats all.

What i do like about the new vray toggle render settings is that if i do a 10% render draw a region in vray and render at 100% it scales up that region.

Any change you can implement a viewport shapshot in the Vray FB?

Thanks

Matt

Comment

Working...
      X