Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vray network zip install spawner problem

Hi,
    I installed vray for maya using the .zip installation method so i dont have to keep on updating it on all the systems at farm now for animation its all good but problem is vray spawner for dr rendering. How do i install that as a service to use it from network drive.

All machines are windows 8.1
    Network storage location is
    \\DATASERVER\Pipeline\ScriptsAndPlugins\maya\plugi ns\vray_builds\my_2018\maya_vray\bin\vraymayaspawn er2018.exe -service

i tried to copy the shortcut and replace the paths from previous installation and registered it as a service but when i try to start it in windows i get following error.

"Windows could not start the VrayMayaSpawner 2018 service on Local Computer
    Error 2: The system cannot find the file cified."

Thank you in advance
    Sajeel

Ok so i got it working... Need to open services window navigate to the service right click>properties >Log On> now there are two options use checkmark on Allow service to interact with desktop or radial menu This account: for me the radial menu wored click on browse put account usr name in search hit ok put in the password. You need to make sure your account name and password have correct permissions on network.

Post which i fell into another trap now the service was showing running but when i fire up dr it wont render.

Follow all the steps on this link for .zip installation and also for vray stand alone install and it works.

https://docs.chaosgroup.com/display/...om+a+.zip+File

Now my only question is for the vray stand alone install on windows is there a way to create a single file of some sort bat file or .env file like maya install and define all the required env variables for vray stand alone in that sigle file and copy past or run that file on all the render farm machines as putting those env variables manually on the render farm is cumbersome and a waste of time i am sure this can be done as when we do standard install of vray it automatically writes correct env variables so there must be a simpler way to do this. If any body knows this please let me know.

Once this setup is done thank fully one would just have to replace the contents of zip file for future updates and could make life a lot simpler especially on render farm setups.

Look forward to replys. Also any body needs help setting this up minus the batch or env file i am talking about for vray standalone let me know will be glad to help.
    Regards
    Sajeel

Comment

Hi,
      you can setup a bat file with all the needed environment variables in it and in the end you can add a line to start ether a DR server with vray -server or you can render a vrscene file by passing a file with vray -scenefile=%1 for example. I can share an example bat file if you wish. I only need to know do you use the V-Ray standalone that is included with VRay for Maya zip installation?
      Ivan Shaykov
      chaos.com

Comment

Working...
      X