VRay Sun Sky animation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VRay Sun Sky animation

I've animated the Hour Value attribute on the VRayGeoSun node to run from 0 to 24 hours, but when I render on our farm it renders as if the Hour Value is static. Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

I've also tried "manually" animating the position of the sun, but this seems to give even more unpredictable results when rendering (some frames static, others appear to be random times).

Thx

(Maya 2016e2sp2, VRay 3.6003, Linux)

Hey, this is a bug with 3.6 which should already be fixed. It's going to be included in the next release (3.60.04) which will go out soon, but until then you can use a stable nightliy build where this is already fixed. Look for 3.60.04 nighlites on our nightly server.
    Alex Yolov
    Product Manager
    V-Ray for Maya, Chaos Player
    www.chaos.com

Comment

I have similar problem in Vray NEXT, Maya 2019, Windows 10...
      The hour attribute is animated and is changing. However, the sun appears to be stable. When I move with the sun in the viewport it "jumps" in the right position but it stays stable then.

Comment

When I scrub the timeline than is changing only gtime attribute but it is not changing "azimuth" and "position" attributes (which is being changened when I move with the gtime attribute in the attribute editor manually)

Comment

Do you have Maya Cache Playback activated? If yes, you can try deactivating it. For me this seems to help.
          Svetlana Gesheva
          QA, V-Ray for Maya
          chaos

Comment

Working...
          X