Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Error 1053: The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Error 1053: The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion

Hey, I have a problem with the license server service not starting despite reinstalling. I will bullet point my steps for clarity;

- I wanted to convert my dongle to online licensing
    - Logged on to online licensing portal
    - Prompt saying to upgrade the license server
    - Click on link and downloaded and installed file
    - Installed but there was an error saying that service failed
    - Tried to manually start the VRLService and received the error 1053: The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely manner.
    - Uninstalled VRLService completely with registry cleaner along with installation directory files
    - Rebooted machine and Reinstalled again
    - Same error occurs
    - Wished I never attempted the upgrade as now I'm offline this evening (big sad face)

Hope you can help. Thanks

Just to add I never got around to transferring the dongle to online licensing..... I didn't see the option either in the portal so I guess my dongle isn't eligible for it?

Comment

Hello,

Please add the path "C:\Windows\System32\wbem" to the system variable PATH (in case Windows is installed on another drive like D: for example please change the path accordingly)
      You can either open "Control Panel" -> "System" -> "Advanced system settings" ->"Environment variables" and add the value to the PATH variable from there.
      Or you can do it from the command line by pasting and running this line:

setx -m PATH "%PATH%;C:\Windows\System32\wbem"

Afterwards please reinstall the V-Ray Online License Server and check if you are able to reach the page at http://localhost:30304

Regarding the "Dongle migration" feature - please send and e-mail to sales@chaosgroup.com and let us know which is the account that you have used to activate the Online licensing and the serial number of the dongle that you are trying to migrate. In some cases we need to activate the "Dongle migration" for a specific account from our side.

Comment

Good evening,

I have attempted this, the system path has been entered correctly, uninstalled the service, reinstalled again and the same error occurs. Also rebooted in between just to be sure

Hope you can advise.

Regards
        Last edited by beavertron; 31-05-2018, 02:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by beavertron View Post
          Good evening,

I have attempted this, the system path has been entered correctly, uninstalled the service, reinstalled again and the same error occurs. Also rebooted in between just to be sure

Hope you can advise.

Regards
          It's best to write us at support@chaosgroup.com about this, probably it's something specific to your system.
          Ivan Slavchev

SysOps

Chaos Group

Comment

Working...
          X