Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GPU Rendering not working

Hello,

I have two 1080ti cards in my PC workstation (windows10) and I want of course use it with Vray 3.6 in maya2018.
    Somehow I haven''t been able to get any useful rendering, Everything else works perfect on this workstation, it's just Vray.

I spent already many hours with all kinds of settings (Brute force / irridiance, with/without CPU, sampling and much more).
    It also doesn't make a difference if I use VFB or normal rendering.

At the moment I have the face of a woman which is green(!) instead of red.
    (I attached a picture with only a small part for example)

It looks in the first few seconds ok (while starting rendering and building up the light cache) and then it switches abruptly to bright blue/green.

What could be wrong here?

Thanks
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Alexx31; 03-06-2018, 07:10 AM.

Can you notice the same issue on simple scenes as well? It would be best if you could give us more details and send us your scene for investigation. You could write us at support@chaosgroup.com.
    Nikolay Kusht | chaos.com
    Team Lead, 3D Support | contact us

Comment

Do you by any chance use a blend material with the 'additive' option enabled and an SSS2 material in the blend?
      If yes, try 3.60.04. If you're already on it - let me know. If you're not using such a setup - it would be best if you could send us the scene so we can do some tests and figure out what's wrong.
      Alex Yolov
      Product Manager
      V-Ray for Maya, Chaos Player
      www.chaos.com

Comment

Hello,

thank you both for your replies!

It is a VRay SkinShader. With a Standard VRay Material I don't have that color issue, but blurriness (see below).

I reinstalled also fresh maya preferences, what took me another a half day, but no change.
        I also deactivated the arnold plugin.

The scene contains also a blendmaterial in additive mode for the eyes (which are not in the screenshot area but in the rendered picture).
        The blend material has no color problem, it is only blending two VrayMaterials.

Rendertests with a standard VrayMaterial in VFB with IPR:
        Texture in GPU is blurry
        , please see screenshot (at GPU with full texture size, no resizing)

Rendering with VFB and without IPR = normal basic rendering impossible
        VRay is just not rendering with GPU and giving out this error:
        // Error: V-Ray : Render resuming requested, but current settings don't allow resuming | RT engine not yet supported //

I also noticed another serious issue:
        When I want to save Renderelements as a .mb file Maya, then refuses and just gives a red warning that it hasn't been saved.
        From that moment on it is not possible to save anything at all. Even not the current maya scene. Very dangerous because it's possible to work in maya but without any chance to save your work out until next restart of Maya

I have VRay 3.60.03 and I will try to update today. How do I update, just running th installer or do I have to take care about something?
        I would be surprised, if this would be done by the recent update...

7. I can upload the simplified scene, when you give me an upload-link or your email adress
        EDIT: I have sent an email to support@chaosgroup.com

Thanks
        Last edited by Alexx31; 05-06-2018, 04:32 AM.

Comment

Thank you for your scene files. We will take a look and reply you soon.

Comment

After investigating the scene I would also like to note the results here. Resumable rendering is not yet supported when using GPU.

Also, the reason why the VRaySkinMtl is not rendering correctly is that this shader is still not supported for GPU. You could see the full list of supported features for both CPU and GPU on our online documentation page:
            https://docs.chaosgroup.com/display/...orted+Features

As for the differences in the texture quality between CPU and GPU IPR, you need to change the "GPU Resize textures" option to "Full size textures".

Click image for larger version

Name:	2018-06-06_11-56-30.jpg
Views:	3652
Size:	61.9 KB
ID:	999572

Comment

Working...
            X