No announcement yet.

Alembic sequence

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The crash is now fixed in the latest V-Ray 3.60.05 stable nightly from 20180610. Let us know if you still have any issues.
    Ivan Shaykov
    chaos.com

Comment

Many thanks for that, I can confirm it no longer crashes with new VRay build. as your video shows, you only get to see the sequence update only in the renderview but not in the viewport.
      Is this something that can be implemented without putting the mel expression in the offset?

Comment

The Viewport updates are fixed in V-Ray Next and no expressions are needed to see the full sequence animation in the viewport.
        Ivan Shaykov
        chaos.com

Comment

Is V-Ray Next Max only?

Comment

I was actually talking about the upcoming version of V-Ray Next for Maya.
            Ivan Shaykov
            chaos.com

Comment

Here's a crazy one for you :

Sequential ABC particle files loaded as VRayProxy with the convention Dive/Folder/AlembicSeq<frame04>.abc appear to load great, but are forced into 24fps (even skipping/doubling frames). Kinda mind boggling how that can happen.
              (note: target job is at 25fps)

Fix: Stitched into a single ABC they work great and as expected. Just an minor Q.O.L thing I guess.

Comment

That sounds suspicious, thanks for the report.
                What do we do to reproduce it. Just load any sequence that was originally made for higher (or lower) fps?
                Alex Yolov
                Product Manager
                V-Ray for Maya, Chaos Player
                www.chaos.com

Comment

Hey guys, I have the same issue here. Cannot import the sequence. All your ways and tips doesn´t work for me. Can anyone try to import a few frames for me to test it? maybe its my system or I dont´t know.

I was starting with the bifrost graph and exported alembic geos out of it. but only single .abc per frame.

maya 2020.1
                  vray next 4.300.1

here is my dropboxlink with 10 frames:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2d5t23nqkf...Tom_G.zip?dl=0

thank you

best tom
                  Last edited by tom_hh; 15-05-2020, 04:04 AM.

Comment

ok, problem solved!

Comment

Working...
                    X