Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VRaySceneModifierInterface & IPR

Hello !

I have a plugin that creates instances in a vrscene via VRaySceneModifierInterface, The instances reference shaders that where present in the scene BEFORE preRenderBegin (in maya scene). It works fine with "standard" render, however when i use IPR, it crashes as soon as i change any value (diffuse amount., etc..) in the referenced shaders.
    I suspect that changing shader values cause the shader to 'recompile' to another memory location (that's the case in my tests).
    I use DefPluginParam to store plugin pointers. Am i doing something wrong or Is there any mechanism that i could use to update my references when they become obsolete, like it's the case for 'standard' geometry in maya ?

Thanks!
    Chervin SHAFAGHI
    CG Supervisor at CGEV, Paris.

Hello again !

I still don't have a solution to my problem... If anyone can give me some clues... We're in production right now so i need to know if there's something i can do or if i have to find other solutions...

Thanks!
    Chervin SHAFAGHI

Comment

Hi Chervin,

Your suspicion is correct. In IPR, when some plugin parameter changes, the affected plugins are re-exported again, possibly to a new memory location.
      Have you looked in the installation folder, there is a scenemodifier_test.cpp file (samples/vray_plugins/scenemodifiers/vray_scenemodifiertest/scenemodifier_test.cpp). Maybe you will find some examples there. If not, let us know.

Regards,
      Asparuh

Comment

Hi !
        Yes i also tested VRayRunTimePluginCreatorInterface as in 'scenemodifier_test.cpp', but it didn't help... The setFactory method was called as expected, but the getCreatedPluginsList was never called, could it explain why it didn't work (i suppose this list gives VRay a way to update pointer parameters on created objects) ?
        Thanks!
        Chervin SHAFAGHI

Comment

Working...
        X