Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• settings node export

hi!

I have a VRayRenderSettings plugin, and a "settings" kDepend node equivalent in maya, but i can't get the exporter to recognize and export the maya node... are there particular requirements, like outApiType/outApiClassification attributes for geometries, so that the node get recognized and exported by VRay?

thanks in advance!
    Chervin SHAFAGHI
    CG Supervisor at CGEV, Paris.

In the installation there is a file named maya_sdk.html

Have you read it? It explains what is possible and how to do it with the current system for extending the translator.
    But I'm not sure that you case is covered there, or even supported at the moment.
    V-Ray developer

Comment

the file explains how to make geometry & shader nodes recognized, it doesn't cover other types of nodes... maybe it's not possible, although i hope it is;p

thanks!
      Chervin SHAFAGHI

Comment

I'm not sure it is possible either.

One thing you can do at the moment is use the Python Post Translate callback to export your node.
        You can see some info here http://docs.chaosgroup.com/display/V...ed+V-Ray+Scene

Unfortunately, this is a bit hacky solution.
        V-Ray developer

Comment

ok i'll do that for now, thanks for the tip!;p
          Chervin SHAFAGHI

Comment

You'll have to use the Python post-translate callback to add the plugin to the scene and configure it with suitable parameters.

Best regards,
            Vlado
            I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Working...
            X