Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VRaySceneModifierInterface motion blur

hi again!

a have a VRayStaticGeomSource/VRaySceneModifierInterface plugin that converts a file containing particle positions/velocities into a GeomParticleSystem plugin... everything works fine for non motion blurred images, but when i turn motion blur on, my particles disappear; my first guess was that the "velocties" attribute would be used to compute motion blur, but my particles disappeared so i tried to interpolate positions but get the same result... anyone encountered the same problem? btw my starting point was the "vray_geommeshloader" example.

thanks!
    Last edited by CGEV; 20-08-2015, 08:40 AM.
    Chervin SHAFAGHI
    CG Supervisor at CGEV, Paris.

Is the parameter that holds the positions/velocities called and does it return the correct things for the specified time moments?

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

hi!

yes the parameter is called 2 times for nSample= 2, 4 times (?) for nSample= 3, and 3 times (?) for nSample= 1...
      And btw the sample count (for the node) is set manualy in the exported vrscene because it's always set to 1 when exporting from maya
      Last edited by CGEV; 21-08-2015, 03:02 AM.
      Chervin SHAFAGHI

Comment

ok i think i've figured it out... you need an "ids" attribute in the GeomParticleSystem to get motion blur...
        Chervin SHAFAGHI

Comment

Ok, we should probably add that somewhere in the parameter descriptions, thanks for the pointer!

Best regards,
          Vlado

Comment

You're welcome
            Motion blur is working now, but i still have to modify the "nsample" of the node in the vrscene manually, because it's always set to 1 when exporting from maya... is there a particular attribute to set in maya? do i have to change the value from inside the VRayStaticGeomSource/VRaySceneModifierInterface plugin? if so how do you do that?

thanks!
            Chervin SHAFAGHI

Comment

It is 1 as the V-Ray translator doesn't know that your object is animated. However this is just a hint to the plugin, it can use other values if it is needed.

Best regards,
              Vlado

Comment

Working...
              X