Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• problem creating multiple instances inside a VRayPlugin

Hi!

i'm trying to create multiple "GeomStaticMesh" and their corresponding "Node" plugins inside a VRayPlugin, but it doesn't seem to work so far... The examples in the SDK show a few ways to do this, i tried all of them (VRaySceneModifierInterface, VRayRunTimePluginCreatorInterface, ...) with no luck, my objects are not there... What's wierd is that when i dump the scene (on postRenderEnd), the objects are there, and when i render the dumped scene i can see my objects. I must be doing something wrong but i don't know what... Any ideas?

thanks!
    Chervin SHAFAGHI
    CG Supervisor at CGEV, Paris.

ok i got it working now, i still have a small problem though, creating MTL, BRDFs, TEX, ... plugins seem to work in preRenderBegin, but not in preFrameBegin... is this normal?
    Chervin SHAFAGHI

Comment

Some plugins may require renderBegin() to be called, and they will miss it if you create them in preFrameBegin(). The common workflow is to export all plugins from the application form the start, so it's probably safer to follow it.
      V-Ray/PhoenixFD for Maya developer

Comment

Thanks! it's working now when calling renderBegin manually for those plugins, not sure it's safe though... is there a better way considering i have to deal with data that may change a lot from frame to frame (varying geometry count, shader count, etc...) ?
        Chervin SHAFAGHI

Comment

Working...
        X