Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

want a way to change the UV while keeping the function of Proxy.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• want a way to change the UV while keeping the function of Proxy.

Request from my customer.

want a way to change the UV while keeping the function of Proxy (DynamicObject).
    For example, want to use Texture Reference Object and camera mapping in Proxy.
    Last edited by flat; 29-08-2018, 03:27 AM.

OakCorp Japan - Yuji Yamauchi
    oakcorp.net
    v-ray.jp

Could you provide more information about this, I'm not sure I understand the goal here.
    Proxies bring over all of their UV sets and the UV linker can be used to link one texture to one UV set, then a second texture to another UV set and so one just like with regular geometry.
    Texture Reference won't work on a proxy, as it's not regular maya geometry, but if the issue is applying a 3D texture that you don't want the proxy to 'swim' through - there's an option in the 3D texture called 'Local' in the 'Effects' rollout that solves this exact issue.
    Let me know if that helps and please share any additional information that you have on this request.

Click image for larger version

Name:	3dtexture.png
Views:	53
Size:	12.7 KB
ID:	1009356
    Alex Yolov
    Product Manager
    V-Ray for Maya, Chaos Player
    www.chaos.com

Comment

simply want to work the Texture Reference with Proxy. (Not 3D texture)
      It is a request to make it possible.

I currently understand that it does not work with Proxy. (Vertex information is being baked in Proxy)
      But my customers do not understand it. There was a comment that I want you to request Chaos Group.

To realize that, you probably need to write a Utility Shader that mimics the Texture Reference.

Last edited by flat; 31-08-2018, 05:13 AM.

OakCorp Japan - Yuji Yamauchi
      oakcorp.net
      v-ray.jp

Comment

I'll add a note in our system to get some feedback from the developers.
        Alex Yolov
        Product Manager
        V-Ray for Maya, Chaos Player
        www.chaos.com

Comment

Working...
        X