Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Renderelement without "vrayRE_" named by default (at least as an option for shortnames)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Renderelement without "vrayRE_" named by default (at least as an option for shortnames)

Hi,
    whatever Tutorial I am looking at, the first thing you learn, that you need to keep the names in production short.
    So LITTERALLY EVERYONE is shortening the names of VRay Renderlements und cutting away the "vrayRE_" at the beginning.

This is such a unneccessary stupid work: VRay should provide short names for Renderelements.

p.s. And by the way, I can't save my renderelements as a preference in Maya, which would be important help, too. There is a bug...
    (Maya2018.4 and VrayNEXT)

The vrayRE_ prefix only applies to the names of the nodes for the render element in the Maya scene, and not to the names of the render elements as they are written to the resulting OpenEXR part. Adding some specific prefix to Maya nodes is not unusual and many 3rd party plugins in Maya also do that (f.e. Yeti) as well as many of Maya’s built-in components (f.e. Bifrost). The names of the elements themselves are usually short and to the point (f.e. “extraTex”, “normals” etc).

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Thanks Vlado, but then the Option "Get name from nodes" doesn't work
      The handy workflow is to rename Renderelements such as "Multimatte" directly in the Renderelements Tab, so that they better describe which selections they really represent.
      These names from the RenderelementsTab were only taken with "Get names from nodes" enabled.

Therefore for me it would still make sense, not to have "vrayRE_" as prefix
      or alternatively
      that customized names, which I change in the Renderelements (like selections, ExtraTex or other better descriptions) were then automatically overtaken to the "Vray name" in the attribute editor.
      or
      that "Get name from nodes" ignores the part "vrayRE_" (maybe as an extra option although) -> Because if you work with Vray you know that your Renderelements come from Vray, so this naming makes only problems)

2.Further it would be great, if "consider for Anti-Aliasing" could be turned ON by default (let the user decide about defaults, if possible)

Thanks
      Last edited by BeneZ; 25-11-2018, 05:06 AM.

Comment

Working...
      X