Renderlayers storing the state (Y/N) of renderelements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Renderlayers storing the state (Y/N) of renderelements

With the new Maya rendermode (Render Setup) Vray does not remember anymore the toggled state of renderelements for each renderlayer.

In the "Legacy Renderlayers" mode you could toggle them for different renderlayers individually on and off and it was stored automatically ("Y" or "N").
    This feature is very basic and missing at the moment.

It still works as expected. In the new render setup it relies on your assigning attributes to the collection to be on or off, or changed in some way. The same goes for the render elements. The catch is that the "enabled" button in the usual Vray attributes drop down doesnt work. That cant be dragged into the collection as an override. You need to expand the extra attribute drop down above in the attribute editor and grab the "enabled" from there.

Obviously you need to have added your elements to a collection and you do this by disabling DAG objects only in the outliner, grab all the elements you want to control and add to a collection.

Hope that helps.
    Website
    https://mangobeard.com/
    Behance
    https://www.behance.net/seandunderdale

Comment

Thanks, yes I know that this is working,
      But the nice thing at the old workflow was quite handy with automatic storing the state.

And also in the old workflow you normally would have to set an "override" manually for any attribute, but obviously there was a way to do it automatically.
      So why not here enable that auto-storing of the state, too?
      This is my suggestion

Comment

I think the current logic we have is to 'remember' this only when the render element is added when you're not on the master layer - it's automatically added as an override, assuming that's what you'd expect if you added the render element on the non-master layer. If you created it on the master layer, then switched to another layer and toggled the state - it will not do this, as it's just like with any other attribute - it expects the user to explicitly add an override. I think it was the same with the legacy layers.
        Alex Yolov
        Product Manager
        V-Ray for Maya, Chaos Player
        www.chaos.com

Comment

Working...
        X