Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VFB LUT tutorial/troubleshooting guide

Hello there,
    Could I request a guide (and preferably troubleshooting / known issues) for working with LUT files from the VFB ?

There must be a simple procedure that we're missing, but we're having problems exporting LUT files to apply in Photoshop/AE.
    The burn controls etc in VFB are exceptional, and we'd like to be able to export a LUT that applies the values in the VFB, but we just can't work out how that's done?

[VFB] do color corrections until we're happy.
    [Globals Button] Save (as *.cube)
    [Adobe Product] Color Lookup, load
    [Observe results] Scratch heads and look confused

We must be doing something wrong at our end, because even when loading a saved LUT back into the VFB itself, it gives a different result to when we exported it.

You folks are fabulous at documenting.. so could you add this to the list please?

What if you disable "Convert To Log Space Before Applying LUT" option in the VFB, do you get an identical result then?
    Zdravko Keremidchiev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Hello Zdravko, and thank you for the feedback.
      Interestingly, I tried it with a "current" (Vray Next) scene that was build from scratch in Next, and it works as expected (though turning on "convert to log space before applying LUT" was a glaringly obvious difference, the older scenes were subtle).

I'm going to have to try it on a couple of older scenes (3.6) and see what the deal was there.

Comment

Alright, let us know how it goes. Meanwhile, it will be helpful if you could provide a scene and LUT file so we could investigate further.
        Zdravko Keremidchiev | chaos.com
        Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Working...
        X