Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rendermask with white (or other background other than black)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rendermask with white (or other background other than black)

Hello,
    the Rendermask (with Object-ID for example) is good, but it would be great, if (also for final renders) the background could be choosen.
    The Environment background overrides do not work with it.

Do you mean rendering everything except the background?
    Alex Yolov
    Product Manager
    V-Ray for Maya, Chaos Player
    www.chaos.com

Comment

I mean, when I render for example a single element, then I would like to have the choice to put it over a custom color, currently it only stands on black.
      In the same manner, like I can choose the default environment color of the camera.

I had the situation, that I wanted to show quickly different versions of an white object in a bright scene. But this object was always placed on black and got a dirty edge.
      If I could have choosen, that the render mask gives me that object on a different brighter color, it would have been great.
      - It means the ability to choose the default background color behind the rendermasked element.

- It also could be in special cases maybe helpful, if it's possible to extend the rendermask a bit, to get a bit bleed (like for example 5 pixels more) around the rendered object.
      That's in case someone wants to composit it into the already rendered background of a scene - and the border edges should match correctly with the rest of picture.
      Provides the ability to render out quickly versions, which perfectly integrate into the whole picture.
      Last edited by BeneZ; 17-05-2019, 12:40 AM.

Comment

OK, that makes sense. Would it help if the background texture override (overrides tab > override environment > background) showed through instead?
        I'll make a note for the edge bleeding.
        Alex Yolov
        Product Manager
        V-Ray for Maya, Chaos Player
        www.chaos.com

Comment

Thanks for reply!
          When this changes the scene lighting, because it automatically also activates GI texture and reflection/refraction textures, it wouldn't be so perfect for getting an element of the scene rendered out.
          But if it would be possible, ONLY to override the beckground without affecting GI/reflection/refraction, this would be great.

Comment

Working...
          X