'displacement control' enabled by default

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'displacement control' enabled by default

Title pretty much says it all; much the same way as the 'enable vray physical camera' option became checked by default after selecting from the attribute menu in Vray Next, I think it would be advantageous to have the displacement (and maybe subdivision?) controls exposed to the user by default upon the creation of a displacement node in Vray.

Sounds reasonable - I'll make a note about that but I'm sure there are some downsides for that too. For example if unneeded options are enabled by default user will not bother removing them and this might affect scene complexity unnecessary.
    Svetlozar Draganov | Senior Manager 3D Support | contact us
    Chaos & Enscape & Cylindo are now one!

Comment

Are you sure? To my knowledge the act of showing the displacement options does not change any of the options, it just makes them changeable-- correct me if I'm wrong.

Comment

Yeah, I wonder if displacement could be a little bit more streamlined, trim the fat.
        https://www.artstation.com/damaggio

Comment

Originally posted by gooseneck View Post
          Yeah, I wonder if displacement could be a little bit more streamlined, trim the fat.
          Do you have any specific recommendations? We're always open to ideas
          Alex Yolov
          Product Manager
          V-Ray for Maya, Chaos Player
          www.chaos.com

Comment

Hi Alex, I think the fat trimming I would suggest was after applying the Vray Displacement node to Geo,then Add Attributes... why can't we just add all at once or at least the most common ones
            Subdivision +Displacement Control +Subvision and Quality, at least that's what i learned from tutorials when I was beginning to use Vray, could be esier to apply all necessary controls in one click.
            Thanks for your replies.
            https://www.artstation.com/damaggio

Comment

Hmm. We can add an option to add multiple attributes at the same time - where would you expect to have the option?
              Also - if we auto-added subdivision quality - wouldn't it be undesirable? It by default overrides the global options.
              Alex Yolov
              Product Manager
              V-Ray for Maya, Chaos Player
              www.chaos.com

Comment

Working...
              X