Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Possibility to watch CHANNELS with extreme values in VFB (exposure + contrast adjustment for channels in VFB viewer)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Possibility to watch CHANNELS with extreme values in VFB (exposure + contrast adjustment for channels in VFB viewer)

Hi,
    it's very hard to control channels like zDepth, when they need to have extreme values.
    In VFB you see nothing.
    So it always needs a long workaround in other softwares to see and check them.
    It would be an important improvement, if Vray VFB would provide a tool, to adjust the brightness and contrast for channels, to be able to see anything.

p.s. the zDepth is mostly white due to values over 1 (not black like in the screenshot) but that's the same situation
    Last edited by BeneZ; 02-06-2019, 08:49 AM.

The 'Levels' control in the VFB lets you set black/white points so you can remap any image into the display range. It would be nice if it had numeric inputs though, so you didn't have to endlessly drag those little arrows.

Comment

Levels are not working, I tested that now with velocity and depth, it only affects the beauty.

It would definetily need numeric value inputs.
      If the depth values are representing the units in a landscape (which is a common workflow, how to use them), you come quickly in a range of more than 10.000 for white.
      There is a slider not helpful

Comment

Ah, you're right about some channels not being color corrected (I think there has been a discussion about this elsewhere).

I always output zdepth, pworld etc as ExtraTextures and those are indeed affected by Levels, so I didn't think about that limitation. But for utility channels output as ExtraTextures, you can still use the sliders though - even for negative values (like is often the case for pworld) and arbitrarily large numbers.

Comment

Working...
        X