Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WARNING when Test Resolution is toggled on - Warn generally more precisly when things are not implemented!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WARNING when Test Resolution is toggled on - Warn generally more precisly when things are not implemented!

I know it's stupid, but sooooo often I have left under stress the "test resolution button" on..
    and everybody has it on his daily checklist, because it quickly messes up all renders (if they run maybe in worst case over weekend)

PLEASE ADD A WARNING or MESSAGE WHEN TESTRESOLUTION IS ON
    and a sequence is rendered. Or implement a button.
    The VFB interface buttons are anyway very very small on a highresolution display and hard to read.

It would be anyway great, if anything that does not work or is not supposed to work, gets either a warning or another hint
    EXAMPLE 2:
    it's always "filtering" with progressive rendering, despite you are disabling this. where should a user new know this? and when you come to the point in compositing, that you can see some channels with contrast, it's too late.

EXAMPLE 3:
    A file is not compatible (indexed color) or missing. The only warning is, that it can't "create a thumbnail".
    A thumbnail is nothing important, but a missing file is crucial. So the Warning should tell that.

Thanks!

The test resolution is only applied in interactive Maya GUI sessions, it's always ignored in batch mode. We can add a warning, but people who want to run a low-sampled low-res animation from the GUI will have to see it every time.
    We're working on the progressive + filtering topic.
    Alex Yolov
    Product Manager
    V-Ray for Maya, Chaos Player
    www.chaos.com

Comment

hi alex, thanks for reply!
      maybe I should use batch mode. (not sure what is the difference)
      I personally think a "warning message" is nothing bad, if it just "reminds".

Comment

Working...
      X