VRay material browser

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VRay material browser

To help manage my shaders it would be nice to have a dedicated VRay material browser as part of the install process.

Hey stezza , can you elaborate a bit on this? What would the browser show? How is the installation process tied to a material browser?
    How do you picture using this and how would it help you and our users?
    Alex Yolov
    Product Manager
    V-Ray for Maya, Chaos Player
    www.chaos.com

Comment

Sorry for the delay.

The browser would simply show your collection of organised shaders maybe with the ability to share Maya shaders/materials via a Chaos user forum.
      Create materials using a default Maya swatch scene for uniformity across libraries.
      Easily create your own categories.

Discription details and custom note info,

Something like that would be nice all wrapped up in a Chaos Vray browser initiated from the Maya shelf.

Comment

I would be indeed a great feature. For now, at home I am using Slib library plugin for Maya which works good as browser not only for mtl but models, textures, hdri and more, costs about 60 bucks. At the other hand, at the office I am working on putting sets of materials into Maya content browser as store them as .mb files.
        My Artstation
        Whether it is an advantageous position or a disadvantageous one, the opposite state should be always present to your mind. -
        Sun Tsu

Comment

Slib plugin looks great. Any drawbacks you've found?
          Website
          https://mangobeard.com/
          Behance
          https://www.behance.net/seandunderdale

Comment

I use slib as well. It’s handy when it works but I find it super buggy and the UI has a lot of confusing quirks

Comment

There may be something going into development at Autodesk along these lines. Someone posted a similar request on the Area, and if I recall correctly it appeared it had gotten flagged as being picked up.

Comment

It is kinda strange that Maya doesn’t already have a library system like this. And it would make more sense for Autodesk to make this than Chaos Group

Comment

Yes ,a material library will be for Arnold.
                  https://www.artstation.com/damaggio

Comment

Originally posted by GregCooper View Post
                    I use slib as well. It’s handy when it works but I find it super buggy and the UI has a lot of confusing quirks
                    As Greg mentioned, it is buggy and this is why I don't think is fully ready for studio environment yet. I am pretty sure with enough communication with its developers in order to make it reliable it could be really great product. I like the UI though

My Artstation
                    Whether it is an advantageous position or a disadvantageous one, the opposite state should be always present to your mind. -
                    Sun Tsu

Comment

It's a pity development of Sunday Warehouse (I think that's what it was called) was discontinued. Seemed to work pretty well, at least with Vray which is what I work in most of the time.

Comment

Working...
                      X