Display Bercon Noise in the Viewport.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Display Bercon Noise in the Viewport.

Yes, I heard it has some performance issues, but it would be useful to see Bercon Noise inside the viewport. Can we get an option to decide to see it? Could someone provide a quick workaround script tu turn on it on as an alternative for now?
    My Artstation
    Whether it is an advantageous position or a disadvantageous one, the opposite state should be always present to your mind. -
    Sun Tsu

There's an option that enables Bercon in the viewport, but it's disabled by default, as it may significantly slow down the performance (in some cases - more than doing an IPR with V-Ray). In addition, there's an overhead for the time needed to compile the Bercon shader for the viewport, which means you'll need to wait a bit after you click 'enable' for the option.
    We recommend keeping this off whenever possible.

With all the above warnings in mind: you can find it in Render Settings > Settings tab > V-Ray UI > Compute heavy procedural textures in Viewport 2.0.
    https://docs.chaosgroup.com/display/...yUI-Parameters
    Alex Yolov
    Product Manager
    V-Ray for Maya, Chaos Player
    www.chaos.com

Comment

Originally posted by yolov View Post
      as it may significantly slow down the performance (in some cases - more than doing an IPR with V-Ray).
      Wow, that's a HEAVY DROP haha. Thank you very much yolov, I will give it a try

My Artstation
      Whether it is an advantageous position or a disadvantageous one, the opposite state should be always present to your mind. -
      Sun Tsu

Comment

Working...
      X