vRay 5 FB Window. Keep always the same position, settings and size

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vRay 5 FB Window. Keep always the same position, settings and size

Hi Guys, I hae 3 Monitors and I always have my vRay FB in only one position. Could you kindly make sure that the vRay FB maintain ALWAYS the same position and size ? By changing the Test Resolution the vRay FB Window change always size and I need to re arrange al the time and it is kind of tedious. This not just happen when I change the choose the Test Resolution. This happen also when I double click in another image that has another Test Resolution. And so on. When I open also MaYa the Window is somewhere else and the size and position will not recorded after closing MaYa as normal MaYa save the Windows position, size and settings. I will really appreciate to have recorded the size and position of the vRay 5 FB. Thank you in advance. Cheers!
    DE: ERFINDER des Elektroautos „SION"
    EN: INVENTOR / FOUNDER of the electric vehicle "SION".

Computer #1 (Main) : Windows 10 PRO │ 2xXEON │128 GB │Quadro M4000 │ Quadro K4000 │ MaYa │vRay 5 │Phoenix FD 4 │

Even I have a powerful Computer ... I NEED CHAOS CLOUD !

Or be able to dock it like every other panel?

Comment

Yes, that will be great too.

Computer #1 (Main) : Windows 10 PRO │ 2xXEON │128 GB │Quadro M4000 │ Quadro K4000 │ MaYa │vRay 5 │Phoenix FD 4 │

Comment

There's an option in VFB settings > Render View tab that will keep the VFB from resizing, see if that helps.
        Making it dockable is still on our to-do list, we've been hitting a lot of brick walls there.

Keeping the position - we'll have to see what can be done about this, and I see why it could be annoying. But we save the position, so I wonder what the expected behavior should be.
        We currently save the position (similar to all other maya windows). So how do you think this should work? It would help to hear your thoughts.
        Last edited by yolov; 27-04-2021, 11:59 AM.
        Alex Yolov
        Product Manager
        V-Ray for Maya, Chaos Player
        www.chaos.com

Comment

Originally posted by yolov View Post
          There's an option in VFB settings > Render View tab that will keep the VFB from resizing, see if that helps.
          Making it dockable is still on our to-do list, we've been hitting a lot of brick walls there.

Keeping the position - we'll have to see what can be done about this, and I see why it could be annoying. But we save the position, so I wonder what the expected behavior should be.
          We currently save the position (similar to all other maya windows). So how do you think this should work? It would help to hear your thoughts.
          Hi yolov,

Thank you for your reply.
          Well the vRay FB keep the position when I close MaYa, BUT when you change the render Size (i.e) the vRay FB became smaller all the time. Will be at re-size from the left top corner depends in the position of the vRay FB.

I have a specific position and size.
          Position = Where my vRay FB in my Monitor I have always have. (Second Monitor left top corner)
          Size = Size of the vRay FB itself. (I have the vR FB sized at one half of my 2nd monitor)

Whenever I hit render by changing the render size in my "Render MaYa Settings" or in the vR FB by selection maybe "Test Render at 50%" or 75% or 110% will always re-size the vR FB from the left top corner.

What Im expecting is to live the Position (Place) + the Size of my vR FB always the same and whenever I decide to change resolution or Test % Resolution - I will love to have always the same exact position of my vR FB.

I hope I could explain this.
          Whenever I have time next weekend (8th May 2021) I will make a video for you.

Comment

OK, try disabling this option then, and see if that helps?

Click image for larger version

Name:	vfb_settings.png
Views:	200
Size:	75.8 KB
ID:	1112341
            Alex Yolov
            Product Manager
            www.chaos.com

Comment

Originally posted by yolov View Post
              OK, try disabling this option then, and see if that helps?

Click image for larger version  Name:	vfb_settings.png Views:	0 Size:	75.8 KB ID:	1112341

I know this problem and I did solve this time ago when I was working for a software develop company.
              The best way is to test in a computer that is not connected to the server and has an installation like the normal users go thru.

Unfortunately you have another vR FB
              I wish I can have your same vR FB.

I will send you an image in a couple of Minutes

Please have a look into my vRay FB image below.

https://www.class-a-strak.com/XBO/CH...5_FB___001.PNG

Last edited by XavBo; 28-04-2021, 04:41 AM.

Comment

https://www.class-a-strak.com/XBO/CH...5_FB___001.PNG

As you can see - there is not option for me like you have. Even if I checked the advanced submenu.

Comment

You may need to get a newer build. The option was added at some point after the official 5.0 release.
                  Alex Yolov
                  Product Manager
                  www.chaos.com

Comment

Yes, I know it, but at the time I did the tests it wasnt there.
                    Im doing a huge work.
                    I will come back to this again.

Thank you !

Comment

Working...
                    X