Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Volume Contribution spinner for Vray lights

Hi!
    For a long time now I have missed a "Volume Contribution" float attribute on vray-lights (and maybe an "affect Volume" as well?). Just like Diffuse/Specular contribution. This would really make life easier/more flexible and more intuitive when working with fx VrayEnvironmentFog in scene.
    As it is now it's more or less an on/off switch controlled by the "Light Mode"-attr on the VRayEnvironmentFog.

Often, when I want to create a beam of light from a flashlight for instance, I can chose to either cover the scene in thick fog or boost the light much more, than I want in the first place, to get the "cone of fog" I'm looking for. Usually I end up in rendering separate passes or light-linking-stuff and so on...
    Arnold has it, redshift has it, and i'm pretty sure 3dLight has it as well...

I wrote Chaosgroup about this a while ago, and they did not disagree, that this could be a nice feature, but since I apparently is the first/only one with this request they couldn't give it high priority... So I hope someone out there feels the same way as me

//Troels

Hello,

Thank you for this suggestion!
    We will take it into consideration for future new feature and discuss it with our developers.

Kind Regards,
    Dimitrina

Comment

Working...
    X