vRay 5 missed features from vRay 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• vRay 5 missed features from vRay 4

Dear Chaos, Could you please bring a couple of the features from vRay 4 back into vRay 5 ? PLEASE ?! The Solo selection: I miss this feature because renders only the shader selected or object selected in the scene (DBUG Shading Feature) . By creating an IPR test render and with the solo selection (IPR DBUG Shading) makes this easy to understand visually what Im developing. I really miss this feature in vRay 5. The other feature is the Bloom and Flares ID or object ID. At the moment applies the bloom and flare effect all over the image in vRay 5 and before I was available to ad just in certain areas using the ID bloom and flare effect. Another thing I miss is the background feature from vRay 4. The background feature in the vRay FB. This allows me to reflect the matte plate in the vRay FB. At the moment Im doing test over the render settings from MaYa where you can plug an image, but it is tedious and Im not having the results I want to have and this is actually taking longer as usual. Or Im I doing something wrong here? I will love to hear that you can bring back a couple of the features of the vRay 4. I will over appreciate. Cheers !
    DE: ERFINDER des Elektroautos „SION"
    EN: INVENTOR / FOUNDER of the electric vehicle "SION".

Computer #1 (Main) : Windows 10 PRO │ 2xXEON │128 GB │Quadro M4000 │ Quadro K4000 │ MaYa │vRay 5 │Phoenix FD 4 │

Even I have a powerful Computer ... I NEED CHAOS CLOUD !

Hello ! XBO

a)
    VRay shading debug is in VRay 5 here I have a snippet of the video only you need go to 17:21 minutes

https://youtu.be/bd8g8XBchD8?t=1043

The Solo selection
    = Isolate Select

1. Open VFB2
    2. Turn on IPR
    3. Go to button or Icon with a Cube with mouse pointer, (it's right next to the region limit button).
    4. Now you can select one map or texture, object, light, node, parts of a material or shader ...

b)
    The background option is also there, go to the button to add Layers and choose background and done.

c)
    so about the ID Lens Effect i think that this is a good idea but there I can not help you only the Chaos development team

Regards and Hugs
    Carlos Alvarez Velazquez

Tutorials about VRay for Maya:
    https://youtube.com/CarlosAlvarezVelazquez

Comment

I can also add that the backgroun layer is coming to the VFB very soon, as well as many other VFB improvements like masks and hotkey editing.
      Alex Yolov
      Product Manager
      V-Ray for Maya, Chaos Player
      www.chaos.com

Comment

Originally posted by intercard View Post
        Hello ! XBO

a)
        VRay shading debug is in VRay 5 here I have a snippet of the video only you need go to 17:21 minutes

https://youtu.be/bd8g8XBchD8?t=1043

= Isolate Select

1. Open VFB2
        2. Turn on IPR
        3. Go to button or Icon with a Cube with mouse pointer, (it's right next to the region limit button).
        4. Now you can select one map or texture, object, light, node, parts of a material or shader ...

b)
        The background option is also there, go to the button to add Layers and choose background and done.

c)
        so about the ID Lens Effect i think that this is a good idea but there I can not help you only the Chaos development team

Regards and Hugs
        DAMN !
        I totally forgot that this works with the IPR render only.
        My bad !
        But why only with the IPR Render ?
        This should work also with the normal render IMHO.

But I will start to use more the IPR render. DAMN ! I really forgot the IPR.

b)
        Yes, I found it already !
        Thank you anyways !

c)
        Yes, that will be great.
        Let us see what they bring out.

Welcome here Carlos !

Saludos !

Hi yolov,

Originally posted by yolov View Post
        I can also add that the backgroun layer is coming to the VFB very soon, as well as many other VFB improvements like masks and hotkey editing.
        Sounds amazing !
        I will love to see the the upcoming features even for MaYa 2022
        DE: ERFINDER des Elektroautos „SION"
        EN: INVENTOR / FOUNDER of the electric vehicle "SION".

Computer #1 (Main) : Windows 10 PRO │ 2xXEON │128 GB │Quadro M4000 │ Quadro K4000 │ MaYa │vRay 5 │Phoenix FD 4 │

Even I have a powerful Computer ... I NEED CHAOS CLOUD !

Comment

Working...
        X