Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

frame buffer color sampler, have it display values for background images as well?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• frame buffer color sampler, have it display values for background images as well?

Often times reference images, or background plates are put into the background of the frame buffer, just for visual matching purposes (not actually rendering the background).

It would be handy if the color sampler would display values for the background, as well as the CG render.
    www.DanielBuck.net - www.My46Willys.com - www.33Chevy.net - www.DNSFail.com

Thanks for the suggestion. I will add this as a feature request to our system(VMAYA-10877).
    Nikolay Kusht | chaos.com
    Team Lead, 3D Support | contact us

Comment

Yes please! Itd be amazing if there was a way to also set a black point value for example, from the background, and have that applied to the render.
      Website
      https://mangobeard.com/
      Behance
      https://www.behance.net/seandunderdale

Comment

It appears that you could sample the pixels from the Background image, but you need to switch to RGB mode of the pixel sampler. This is because the Background is technically a color correction in the VFB:

Click image for larger version

Name:	2021-11-26_10-59-55.gif
Views:	89
Size:	365.8 KB
ID:	1132030
        Nikolay Kusht | chaos.com
        Team Lead, 3D Support | contact us

Comment

Originally posted by nikolay.kusht View Post
          It appears that you could sample the pixels from the Background image, but you need to switch to RGB mode of the pixel sampler. This is because the Background is technically a color correction in the VFB:

Click image for larger version  Name:	2021-11-26_10-59-55.gif Views:	5 Size:	365.8 KB ID:	1132030
          Oh, thanks Nikolay! I didn't know that! Still getting used to the new frame buffer
          www.DanielBuck.net - www.My46Willys.com - www.33Chevy.net - www.DNSFail.com

Comment

Working...
          X