Vray Toon "affect channels" settings

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vray Toon "affect channels" settings

Unfortunately this kinda things seems to be an issue in several areas of Vray, e.g. reflections and refractions affecting things like AO passes where it isn't wanted. Seems crazy that an active Toon node when rendered to RGB will affect ALL channels by default, with no apparent way of controlling it or turning it off? And I mean literally everything, including cryptomattes, normals etc. etc. Of course, this is basically never going to be desirable. I'm aware you can set the Toon to only generate render elements, however I have a scenario where I wanted to use my Toon render layer to render to RGB but ALSO output some utilities to consolidate render layers, and this wasn't possible due to the aforementioned problem of it rendering to all passes by default unless set to only output render elements. This seems like a major shortcoming.

Could you share an example scene so we could take a look and consider this feature? Thanks
    Nikolay Kusht | chaos.com
    Team Lead, 3D Support | contact us

Comment

Sorry, I don't understand why you need an example scene. This is just the way to Toon works and can easily be replicated as described.

Comment

Working...
      X