Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Update render resolution presets for the 2020's please :)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Update render resolution presets for the 2020's please :)

Maybe there is something I'm missing but I'm in V-Ray 5 for Maya 2023 and the highest res broadcast screen preset is still 1080P HD - can we get basic 4k (3840x2160) along with 5k & 8k? Along with some typical ultra-wide monitor resolutions would be great!

Aside from saving out an entire set of presets that includes all render settings as well, I don't see a way to individually create new resolution presets but please correct me if I'm wrong

These should be in the default list of course, but you can also add them by creating a userImageFormats.mel file in your scripts path and putting in something like this:

global string $gUserImageFormatData[] =

{

//name width height aspect ratio

//--------------------------------------

"UHD_4K 3840 2160 1.778",

"Full_4K 4096 2304 1.778"

};

These will then show up in the resolution menu like anything else.

Comment

Yes, this is on the list, but there's always something more important. Will take a note, thanks!
      Alex Yolov
      Product Manager
      V-Ray for Maya, Chaos Player
      www.chaos.com

Comment

I had a discussion with the devs and it turns out that this is a list of presets we get from Maya.
        If we extended this, it could potentially break something for users.

Ideally, Autodesk should just update their list of resolution presets and this can be used by all renderers.
        It would be best if you can add a request with Autodesk about this.

Alternatively, you can add your own custom user presets to extend this list.
        Alex Yolov
        Product Manager
        www.chaos.com

Comment

Thanks Yolov. Hardly surprising that Autodesk is still stuck in the 2000s with their resolution presets. I'm not even sure if there is a forum to make such requests any more -- the "Small and Annoying things about Maya" where people could vote a request up or down disappeared a while ago SFAIK.

Comment

There was a form to submit bugs and request at one point and there's also the Autodesk forums.
            Alex Yolov
            Product Manager
            www.chaos.com

Comment

Working...
            X