distributed network render bucket subdivide

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• distributed network render bucket subdivide

This may not be possible, but when using the Distributed Network rendering for CPU rendering, the slower computers always end up hanging on to buckets for so long at the very end. Maybe it's the hyperthreading. I wish there was a way for them to subdivide like when rendering locally or a way to cease current buckets and redistribute with the other machines

thanks

For large still renders my workaround for this problem is to turn on resumable rendering, then restart the render when it nears completion and specific buckets are starting to hang, which forces subdivision as long as the number of remaining buckets is fewer than the number of available procs. I think Vlado also mentioned that Chaos was working on a method for lagging buckets to further subdivide as well, so hopefully that will appear in future versions of Vray in the not too distant future.

Comment

oh hey thanks, that's a good solution. They have the active subdivision working in the newer nightly builds. Just not for distributed network rendering yet

Comment

Working...
      X