Ability to not have VFB effects affect image planes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ability to not have VFB effects affect image planes

Image plane management and the way they render with barely any control to turn them off in Maya has always been clunky as hell considering what an important feature this is in live action work, so I know that some of this relates to that. It blows my mind there still isn't a simple render toggle for image planes. Anyhoo, it would really handy to have a way to, e.g. render with an image plane visible in the VFB but only have lens effects such as blur affect CG elements. I realize that this may be tricky since the image plane is itself rendered into the VFB. Would there be a way to pipe the image plane into the VFB in such a way that it is in effect a background image? Loading a frame from the plate is currently a workaround, however this extra work (and you generally do want to have the plate sequence appear in the VFB) and for whatever reason this can also lead to alignment issues between the plate and CG elements.

Noted. It's somewhere on our list to add masking support for the lens effects.
    Alex Yolov
    Product Manager
    V-Ray for Maya, Chaos Player
    www.chaos.com

Comment

Working...
    X