Procedural Clouds feature is great - some suggestions for future

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Procedural Clouds feature is great - some suggestions for future

Bit late but just updated to Vray 6. The new clouds system is so cool, lots of fun to play with. And considering its only V1 you guys have done a great job, good to see feature parity with GPU as well. Seems to be running solidly on GPU.
    Not sure if there are plans to add more features to it but if there are I had a few suggestions - some of these might have been mentioned elsewhere already:
    • Ability for Sun filter color to affect the colour casting on the clouds ( is this something that should be happening already? seems slightly strange to have scene objects affected but not the clouds ) This would also allow a wider range of moods to be dialed in, would be cool to push into unrealistic colours for stylised effects
    • Controls for a wider variety of looks to the clouds, storms, more hazy wispy clouds etc.
    • It seems there's currently not any way to do clouds at night, or am I missing something here?
    • Would be cool to be able to separate the clouds from the sky as a background, for example a night scene with clouds could have a starmap HDRi on a dome, with the clouds infront of it.
    • Multiple layers to the clouds with individual controls could help to create variety and give more parallax for timelapse situations
    • Cirrus layer adds really nice detail but currently is just a 0-1 amount slider on what looks like an HDRi. Would be cool if this had its own set of controls to dial in looks with variety.
    • Not sure exactly how this would be implemented but if there was a way to manually enable/disable certain areas of clouds for art directing that would be handy, maybe some kind of falloff volume
    • Ability to create seamless loops when animating the Offset and Phase parameters would be nice. I had a play with trying to get this and I got close but something didn't seem to quite line up. Not sure if this would be doable.

Hello

I would like to also add (mentioned somewhere before, can't find it):

- Ability to visualize the clouds beneath us, for aerial airplane visualizations. Any ideas for that?

Thanks
    Rafal
    www.rwvision.com.pl

Comment

Working...
    X