More real estate for AOVs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More real estate for AOVs

I do believe some requests for this were floating around years ago -- and it's only become more of an issue as rendering has become more complex. The AOVs window in render settings is too small, and it's not possible to resize the amount of space the lower part of the UI takes up. Adding more AOVs than will fit in the window simply generates a scroll bar (not ideal at all), while ​a huge amount of space is taken up in the lower part of the panel by just a few settings and LOT of wasted gray space. Can windows showing the lists of available and selected AOVs please be made dynamically resizeable?

Also, it would be REALLY great to be able to interactively move and reorganize the AOVs on the right side, and/or have some other means of grouping and organizing them such as with folders or by color.​ Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2023-01-31 155149.jpg
Views:	142
Size:	90.8 KB
ID:	1171848

Hi, thanks for posting. I agree that it makes sense to be able to expand the space with render elements instead the empty space at the bottom. Let me do a little research and I will get back to you.
    Vladimir Krastev | chaos.com
    Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

Hi, this improvement request is logged under VMAYA-11835
      Vladimir Krastev | chaos.com
      Chaos Support Representative | contact us

Comment

this would be great. I assumed this was going to be filed under "Its just how Maya do" but if it can be changed thatd be awesome.
        Website
        https://mangobeard.com/
        Behance
        https://www.behance.net/seandunderdale

Comment

Yes, I look forward to this VERY important bit of UI getting some love. I really do hope that in addition to making it resizeable that at least some of the other suggestions can be incorporated such as being able to easily reorder AOVs or put them in folders. It's not uncommon for me to have a couple of dozen in there these days, and seeing what's going on is getting increasingly difficult.

Comment

Working...
          X