Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NORMALS RENDERELEMENT - reverse backfacing normals option

Hey Guys,

i am currently working with a lot of automotive cad data and the guys how prepare that data do not really care about normal directions.

In my shaders i can overcome that issue by turning on "reflect on backside" but the normals renderelement always renders normal as they are on the mesh. I think its easy for you to check if the surface looks the wrong way and multiply that normal by -1 to get a homogenous output.

Would be really cool to see such an option!

thx in advance and maybe see u at animago vray masterclass tomorrow morning!

Oliver
    OLIVER MARKOWSKI - Head of 3D at RISE | Visual Effects Studios

keep in mind that this is by far not the only issue you're gonna encounter with flipped normals from automotive cad data....GI, ao etc etc etc etc...

Comment

Hey Instinct,

that are two good points....but the GI is working perfectly right now. AO does what u told - doesn't really work

Maybe one could implement the same option into the VrayDirt, but i dont consider that to critical right now.

Normals Renderelement is on much higher priority here right now.

cheers
      Oli
      OLIVER MARKOWSKI - Head of 3D at RISE | Visual Effects Studios

Comment

Bear in mind that this might give very unpredicatble results and unwanted results as such an option would flip all inverted normals whereas inverted normals are desired for quite some parts (at least here heh)

Regards,
        Thorsten

P.S. an option never hurts tho :P

Comment

Working...
        X