kill/retry bucket during DR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• kill/retry bucket during DR

I just ran into a situation where one of my slave machines became inaccessable during rendering, causing buckets on my main workstation to hault completely.... no way to recover (was in the middle of an Irrad calc) It would be nice if there was a away the user would kill these, or better yet, some way the slave could identify/notify the host that it's no longer working on that bucket and to hand it off to the next available machine.

Hm, this was supposed to be working actually. If a slave disconnects in the middle of rendering, its buckets will be given to other machines. Can you tell me in what way the machine became inaccessible?

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

It fell asleep I just setup Win7 x64 on my macbook air (i'm scraping any bit of cpu resource i can get at the moment...) and forgot to adjust power management after getting everything setup. That shouldn't be a problem for me in the future, but it did hang up the bucket and gave me concern for other less forgiving situations. I gave it several minutes (buckets were averaging around 10sec or so each... I've never seen any other buckets hang on this scene)

Comment

Hm ok, I have to try this here. It may take a while until Windows, and then V-Ray, realize that the machine is gone.

Best regards,
        Vlado
        I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

EDIT: moved
          Last edited by jonahhawk; 06-01-2012, 07:53 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X