Vray Lightmaterial with proxies.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vray Lightmaterial with proxies.

Is this something that will be ready in future 2.0 beta releases?

Right now it doesn't work with Vray Blend, but not having Vray light material in a proxy really hurts.

Thanks.

-Scott

Nope, it is not easy to make it work (except when using pure GI for the illumination of course). The direct sampling for the light material requires that the entire light geometry is present in the scene during the rendering, which somewhat defeats the purpose of proxies which are deferred-loaded.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Ok. I will find a workaround..

Thanks!

Comment

Could you just group a proxy and a light/lightmaterial-object together and instance the group around everywhere?
        Last edited by snivlem; 05-04-2011, 04:20 PM.
        Maya 2020/2022
        Win 10x64
        Vray 5

Comment

Probably. Thing is. I am trying to move geo from Houdini to Maya. The only way I can get things over efficiently is by bgeo to vrmesh. Or an even more time consuming method is via FBX which takes a very long time to cache the geo.

Comment

Valdo: thank you. that answers the question I came across the other day with neon lights in the vrmesh proxy, and the proxy/poly grouping idea works for me, thanks snivlem.

Scott: I'd suggest alembic for transfering from houdini to maya, only it's still not quite right on the maya side, but very promising.

-ctj
            http://www.a52.com

Comment

Working...
            X