Beta 2 VFB Problems and small wishlist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Beta 2 VFB Problems and small wishlist

Hi there with V-Ray beta 2, since the framebuffer is now using qt (I think?), it doesn't seem to be working when doing a batch render anymore.

[2011/Apr/19|09:35:01] V-Ray: V-Ray for Maya version 2.00.02 from Apr 12 2011, 13:38:51
    [2011/Apr/19|09:35:01] V-Ray: V-Ray core version is 2.00.01
    Maya 2012 x64
    Is there a possibility to get the framebuffer working on batch renders again?

I also have a small wishlist as I think the default Maya render view does some things a little better:

1) Auto Region render option. To start rendering as soon as you draw the red square, may lead to not needing the button anymore if you're just able to draw straight on the framebuffer ala Maya's Render View
    2) To be able to right click on the teapot and choose a render camera to render,
    3) Being able to zoom in on the rendered image smoothly (not at fixed percentage increments), but this will probably facilitate the need for a 1:1 ratio button like the Maya Render View
    4) Support for selecting the test resolution options

Also, another small problem the VFB history seems to be broken on the beta 2. I can't seem to save anything.

Thanks!
    Maya 2020/2022
    Win 10x64
    Vray 5

No VFB when batch rendering in release version 2.00.04 either. I think it's essential to be able to monitor the current frame being rendered. What's the plan here?

Comment

Is this with Maya 2012? Nothing much to do about that I'm afraid - the Qt GUI system is not initialized in batch mode, so we can't display the VFB.

Not quite the same, however if you are writing to a .vrimg file, you might be able to inspect that file while it is being rendered (either by converting it to an OpenEXR file using vrimg2exr or by using a program like PDPlayer).

Best regards,
      Vlado
      I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Yes it's maya 2012... Well that certainly isn't an improvement, but I understand the situation. How about keeping a limited version of the old VFB for batch? You probably won't need any advanced features. View, zoom, mouse track, switch channels, save, thats about it.

Comment

Originally posted by vlado View Post
          Is this with Maya 2012? Nothing much to do about that I'm afraid - the Qt GUI system is not initialized in batch mode, so we can't display the VFB.
          I wonder if this something AD could implement?

I'm lodging a request here. I encourage anyone else with this problem to also take 5 mins out to fill the form.

http://autodesk.com/maya-sug
          Maya 2020/2022
          Win 10x64
          Vray 5

Comment

Working...
          X