Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Create animated proxy : 1 proxy by frame

Hy,
    It is possible to have an option to create 1 proxy by frame in animation mode ?
    Sometime we have "bad proxy frame", and we must to recalculate all the proxy sequence just for 1 or 2 frame(s).

After in the VrayMesh node, something like /path/myProxy.####.vrmesh
    (one proxy by frame have also the velocity).

Thanks.
    www.deex.info

It's not impossible... I will add it as a feature request, but in the meantime, you can script that by calling the vrayCreateProxy command manually for each frame. Let me know if you need more details on this.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Yep, i can script. It is not a problem to do this for me (like for each frame, execute the vray create proxy command on 1 frame with velocity, etc etc), it is just for "non scripter users". =)
      Thank you Vlado.
      www.deex.info

Comment

Are there any news on the implementation of this feature?
        I'm having issues with caching an object right now in one go.
        www.hofer-krol.de
        Visualization | Animation | Compositing

Comment

We haven't gotten there yet; in any case, can you give me more details how to reproduce the problem?

Best regards,
          Vlado

Comment

I'm trying to cache an animated (growing) growfx-tree which are 100 frames. The tree is using metamesh so the growfx-part is taking quite long per frame at the end.
            The caching ends at about 95% with a max crash (I can still choose to save the scene).
            The vrmesh is 338mb big and seems to be okay up to the frame where it crashed.
            www.hofer-krol.de

Comment

Originally posted by henning View Post
              I'm trying to cache an animated (growing) growfx-tree which are 100 frames. The tree is using metamesh so the growfx-part is taking quite long per frame at the end.
              The caching ends at about 95% with a max crash (I can still choose to save the scene).
              The vrmesh is 338mb big and seems to be okay up to the frame where it crashed.
              Well, as said above you can always script this; the script would be something like this:
              Code:
              fn writeProxy filename frameStart frameEnd = (
              	for currentFrame=frameStart to frameEnd do (
              		-- set the current frame
              		sliderTime=currentFrame

local frameStr=formattedPrint currentFrame format:"04d"
              		local fullName=filename+frameStr+".vrmesh"
              		vrayMeshExport meshFile:fullName exportMultiple:false animation:off
              		format "Written file %\n" fullName
              	)
              )
              Run the script, then select the object(s) you want to export and type in the MaxScript listener:
              Code:
              writeProxy "c:/temp/test" 0 100
              where c:/temp/test is the name of the resulting file (note that forward slashes and the lack of the .vrmesh extension) and 0 and 100 are the start and the end frame.

Afterwards, create a proxy and enter c:\temp\test####.vrmesh as the proxy file name and make sure that "Expand # to frame number" is selected.

Best regards,
              Vlado

Comment

Thank you Vlado! I missed the expand-to-frame-nr-option. So it means everything I need is already there

regards
                Henning
                www.hofer-krol.de

Comment

Working...
                X