VRay Shading Language!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VRay Shading Language!

Having a shading language (VRSL) similar to the RenderMan Shading Language would make VRay a lot more flexibility when doing advanced shaders. Would be cool to have a node in maya with a source editor (or the choice of an external editor) and compilation on the fly. You could check how this is done in Houdini with their VEX language and their shading nodes.

Also, separate nodes for surface shader, texture, uv generator etc would be a clean implementation. It would be totally awesome to be able to write small custom procedural textures and patterns when the need comes up.

What do you think?
    /Max

Are you looking for something like this? http://www.spot3d.com/vray/help/200R1/vrayglsltex.htm

Currently it covers textures and materials. This is for 3ds Max only at the moment, but the Maya implementation is not too far away, with lots of extended functionality, like support for built-in BRDFs.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    Last edited by vlado; 06-10-2011, 04:33 AM.
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

What a dream! Exactly that! I'm not a Max person (despite my name) so I didn't notice the added feature over there. When this comes to Maya I will be so happy!

Have any ideas on when this will be in the nighlies?

/Max

Comment

Hopefully in a couple of weeks.

Best regards,
        Vlado
        I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Working...
        X