Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VFB ideas for upgrades

Hi there,

I love the VFB but I also miss some of the features of Maya's render view which is why i still sometimes use it.

I guess this will be my wishlist which is basically incorporating some of Maya's Render View ideas to the vfb:

1) Adding Maya's test resolution options for quicker access.
    2) Modify the teapot button so you can right click on the teapot and select a render camera via a drop down menu.
    3) I like the vfb history, I know it's a big change but would it be possible to also add in Maya's behaviour for viewing past images? I think ultimately Maya's Render View is the speediest way to deal with images (the Keep Image button) and if there were a slider to toggle backwards and forwards through the images that would be very nice. Currently the vfb history is a little clunky in this regard as it is not setup for per project and switching between images is not the fastest way to compare.
    4) Smooth zooming, no incrementals of 100%, this would possibly need the addition of a 1:1 button though.
    5) IPR/RT button like the teapot to be able to drop down select a render camera

Maybe some will not like all these suggestions but it might be a lot more comfortable to a lot of Maya users as it'll feel more Maya like. Thanks!
    Maya 2020/2022
    Win 10x64
    Vray 5

I like the suggestions, all things to help speed up work flows are what really counts when you're trying to blast through things.

Comment

Thanks for the suggestions, we'll consider them. They are a bit tricky as the VFB exists outside of the normal Maya scene and has no easy way to find out the image resolution, cameras and other scene-dependent information, but we'll see what can be done.

Best regards,
      Vlado
      I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Thanks Vlado, I understand - and also makes sense why I could not find the MEL for the VFB anywhere when I had a look for it
        Maya 2020/2022
        Win 10x64
        Vray 5

Comment

Hi All,
          there was another thing that may be worth a look at is the render region "options" , e.g. it be good to have a render button for full FVB renders and also a separate "render region" button, again similar to the setup already existing in maya.
          hope this is useful ...

Comment

Working...
          X