Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Global Option to IGNORE lightLinking

Hey Guys,

in automotive visualization we often encouter a problem with totally messed up lightLinking which comes directly from the dataPrep guys...since we do not have any influence on this it would be totally cool to have a global option next to the "default light" stuff to choose to "ignore all lightlinking" and just consider every object to be lit by every light!

Thx in advance
    Oliver
    OLIVER MARKOWSKI - Head of 3D at RISE | Visual Effects Studios

Will make a note for it, however in the recent nightly builds, you can use the post-translate Python callback to delete the SettingsLightLinker plugin, like this:
    Code:
    from vray.utils import *
    p=findByType("SettingsLightLinker")
    delete(p[0])
    Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Great request Oliver!! We have this problem very often with the cad data too.

Cheers Vlado for the possible workaround.

Best,

Richard

Comment

you can also edit the .ma file and remove any traces associated with lightlinker1 node. If no node exists in the scene maya will rebuild a new one which should not have any issues.
        Dmitry Vinnik
        Silhouette Images Inc.
        ShowReel:
        https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxSJlvSwAhA
        https://www.linkedin.com/in/dmitry-v...-identity-name

Comment

Originally posted by Morbid Angel View Post
          you can also edit the .ma file and remove any traces associated with lightlinker1 node. If no node exists in the scene maya will rebuild a new one which should not have any issues.
          Yeah i know,but this has to be done everytime you get new data which is really anoying...

Comment

Don't you think that a global 'Ignore' button would make some difficulties? I mean - it's nice if you know for sure that you and anybody else in the pipeline won't do any light linking at all. But a proper set up scene is much more preferable in my opinion.
            Isn't it possible to just open the scene in mayapy clean it up and write it out again? I did stuff like that with some CAD data that was broken afte importing because it had to many display layers for the maya GUI.

Comment

Originally posted by pechart View Post
              Don't you think that a global 'Ignore' button would make some difficulties?
              No...what problems should it make? If you really need light linking you would know that you have to take care in maya....in any other case (which in my case is always) you just don't need to worry about anything that may go wrong...

Originally posted by pechart View Post
              Isn't it possible to just open the scene in mayapy clean it up and write it out again? I did stuff like that with some CAD data that was broken afte importing because it had to many display layers for the maya GUI.
              It may work, but that means lots of unnecessary steps in your pipeline...which may always cause problems cause everybody makes mistakes...it's just not 100% fool-proof like the global option would be.

Anyway i thank vlado for the hint to use vray python functions to remove the lightlinking from the vrscene...that helps a lot already...

cheers
              Oliver

Comment

Ok, i'm convinced. Just a workflow question, maybe. So, a button would be a nice addition.

Comment

Working...
                X