rendering of maya fur

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rendering of maya fur

this would be nice so we can get ride of shave and a haircut sense shave does not support vray stand alone.
    CG supervisor
    Alkemy-X

Unfortunately Autodesk doesn't provide an API for accessing the Fur and thus we cannot render it.

The only thing you can do is to talk to the Autodesk support and tell them that you want them to provide an API for Fur.
    V-Ray developer

Comment

man i had bad experience with AD, almost all the time, they wont provide anything i really dont get them at all???

but good luck with that, thats why lots of people make their own, fur, hair etc...

cheers
      Last edited by bazuka; 22-01-2012, 07:48 AM.

Comment

With that said, we do plan some enhancements to V-Ray fur, e.g. curl, clumping etc.

Best regards,
        Vlado
        I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Originally posted by vlado View Post
          With that said, we do plan some enhancements to V-Ray fur, e.g. curl, clumping etc.
          Are there plans to add a brush to comb VRay fur, as you already do in 3DS Max ?
          I know it's far more difficult to do the same in maya, just checking in case you found a solution.
          Cheers.

Comment

There was also yeti plugin for maya which if I remember correctly did support vray. Not sure about standalone though, but maybe worth checking out.
            Dmitry Vinnik
            Silhouette Images Inc.
            ShowReel:
            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxSJlvSwAhA
            https://www.linkedin.com/in/dmitry-v...-identity-name

Comment

Originally posted by Morbid Angel View Post
              There was also yeti plugin for maya which if I remember correctly did support vray. Not sure about standalone though, but maybe worth checking out.
              From what I was told, it should work fine with the standalone too.

Best regards,
              Vlado
              I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Yeti doesn't support V-Ray just yet, but they've said it will come in an update "soon".
                /Bard
                www.hellobard.com
                Norwegian Broadcasting Corporation (NRK) - Motion graphics artist

Comment

We ran into this problem and created a Nuke expression node that will convert the Maya Fur direction maps you can paint, into the equivalent VRay map.

That way you can do a base groom using Maya Fur, delete it, attach VRay Fur and have the map converted and plugged into the initial direction attr.

Comment

Working...
                  X