VFB stamp should be outside the image, not overlay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VFB stamp should be outside the image, not overlay

Can we have two options for the stamp info, one overlaying the render image, and one display outside the render image (probably a black bar extend from the bottom of image)?

It is very useful when we want to collect some data for the final render without cropping the image or expose to our client about the render time, etc.

Thank you.
    i7 2600k (OC), 16GB RAM, Geforce GTX560Ti, Win7pro, 3dsmax 2012

I understand your point, but in general changing the image resolution for the frame stamp is somewhat problematic especially if you are showing the images on a device with a particular aspect ratio.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

For me the most useful thing would be to pipe any custom data created during rendering directly to the (exr) metadata

Comment

Originally posted by pechart View Post
        For me the most useful thing would be to pipe any custom data created during rendering directly to the (exr) metadata
        You can already do this, just go to render settings ---> vray common ---> image format option ---> extra attributes.
        www.deex.info

Comment

Thx. Is this possible for things like the rendertime etc?

Comment

Originally posted by bigbossfr View Post
            You can already do this, just go to render settings ---> vray common ---> image format option ---> extra attributes.
            It doesn't work here, in which version did this option started to work ?
            I have V-Ray for Maya version 2.15.01, revision 17175 from Oct 22 2011.

I tried the example from the documentation :
            int_attr=53;float_attr=3.14;vec4_attr=(1, 2, 3, 4)

All I get at render-time is this :\
            [<unnamed>::WriteEXRExtraAttributes] Unexpected end of stream at position 8

Then I try each attr separately :

int_attr=53
            Result : [<unnamed>::WriteEXRExtraAttributes] Unexpected end of stream at position 8

float_attr=3.14
            Result : [<unnamed>::WriteEXRExtraAttributes] Unexpected end of stream at position 10

vec4_attr=(1, 2, 3, 4)
            Result : [<unnamed>::WriteEXRExtraAttributes] Unexpected end of stream at position 9

The last example is the only one that actually writes something to the exr file, which exrheader.exe describes as this :
            vec4_attr (type box2i): (1 2) - (3 4)

Comment

Which OS are you using? This works fine for me with one of the newer builds. Also note that OpenEXR doesn't have 4-component vector attributes, just 3-component ones (at least, the OpenEXR version that we are using).

Best regards,
              Vlado

Comment

Originally posted by vlado View Post
                Which OS are you using?
                Windows 7, 64bit.
                Maya2012 SAP.

Also note that OpenEXR doesn't have 4-component vector attributes, just 3-component ones (at least, the OpenEXR version that we are using).
                I tried a 3-component test, and still got the same error, but I now have this in the EXR (according to exrheader) :
                vec3_attr (type v3i): (1 2 3)

All other tests (int and float) doesn't have any Extra Attribute in the rendered exr.

One thing I just noticed, I have no errors in the logs for the first frame.
                The errors start at the second frame (I render the frames 1 to 5).

My scene is nearly empty : a sphere and a directional light (the sphere's translation is keyed).
                I render using a command-line :
                render -r vray -s 1 -e 5 ...etc...

Maybe this feature was not finished on 22nd October 2011, and I just need to upgrade.
                Last edited by alainfx; 10-02-2012, 05:34 AM.

Comment

Hm, let me check what happens in animation actually...

Best regards,
                  Vlado

Comment

Hm, let me check what happens in animation actually...
                    Did you find something different in animation ?
                    Thank you.

Comment

Yes, it worked for multichannel .exr files, but not for single-channel files (the attributes are written only for the first frame) - I've made a note to fix this.

Best regards,
                      Vlado

Comment

Thank you.

Comment

This is now fixed in the latest nightly/stable builds.

Best regards,
                          Vlado

Comment

Nice, thanks !

Comment

Working...
                            X