Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SOuP color array usage in vray possible?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SOuP color array usage in vray possible?

Hi!

As vray can handle rgbPP data with instanced geometry I thought it can maybe handle any array data for rendering. I ask, because the SOuP plugins can output color data from an pfx stroke as an array. If there would be any way to utilize this data in vray, I could do really nice things with them... Hope someone can understand this...

There is no problem to implement this in general, but I'm not sure what would be the correct workflow for this - if you have any ideas they are welcome.

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Well, for this case it would maybe be the simplest solution to just have the ability to add extra vray attributes to the pfxNode - like you can add those attrs to the particle node already. And then I should just be available to a particle sampler info node or am I wrong here?

Comment

Ok then, can you get me a scene which already has the attributes set up?

Best regards,
        Vlado

Comment

I don't know exactly which attributes you mean, but I attached a scene with a setup that should work. I can work this over of course and provide other scenes if needed. Thanks for your support!
          Btw. can you explain how the data from the particles usually gets transferred to the instances rendered by vray? Maybe I can talk to the soup-man about this, too.
          Attached Files

Comment

I just got an hint how to do it in another way - so, don't waste your precious time on this until it's really needed!

Comment

Hehe ok. In any case, thanks for the scene!

Best regards,
              Vlado

Comment

Just in case if anyone is interested:

I made it work with some help here.

Comment

Working...
                X