Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vraylights Decay parameter/override

Hello,
    would it be possible to have some way to tweak/override the decay parameter on vraylights, i know it is based on "real" world lights, but since i am doing mostly full 3D generated pictures , i often get " i don ' t care if it ' s not realistic but i want that very nice light to end here or there and to attenuate starting here.. ". Would help a lot on non-architectural/realistic imagery.
    Best Regards.

Gecko

Tick "No Decay".

But it sounds like you want to play with the decay instead of just turning it off? I don't think you can do that with any lights that I know of (exception being inverse instead of inverse squared).

Bah, I never check which forum these things are in. In Max there's a checkbox with "No Decay" listed, I'm sure maya has it too somewhere.
    Colin Senner

Comment

Are you talking about something like the Maya spot light, which has decay regions?
      Portfolio: http://www.cgifocus.co.uk

Comment

Yes i want to play with the decay =)
        In Max lights it is possible to switch from square inverse square and so , and there is as well a controller where you can specify the distance for the decay start.

Gecko

Comment

Ah, you want to play with the attenuation. Gotcha, sorry.
          Colin Senner

Comment

To illustrate my thoughts i prepared a couple pictures , of course it was made with a 3dsmax spotlight but : the attenuation parameter is fixed (values aren' t changing) i only play with the decay tweak:Click image for larger version

Name:	decay_A.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	314.0 KB
ID:	845032Click image for larger version

Name:	decay_B.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	323.3 KB
ID:	845033

What i am asking is : would it be possible to get some similar tweaks with vraylights ? (i created volum light for better previs purpose , but i guess it ' ll be part of another request )

Gecko
            Attached Files
            Last edited by Gecko; 17-02-2012, 04:29 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X