Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• realtime data from the VRay frambuffer

Heya,

is it possible to connect to the output information of the VRay framebuffer like it is done with rman in this plugin for nuke?

http://danbethell.github.com/rmanconnect/

This would be really nice for playing around with the multichannel output while it is still rendering.

For lighting Artists this would be a really cool timesaver and nice thing to play around with while waiting for the rendering to finish.

Btw. I´m planning to write the connection for Digital Fusion.

Thanks in advance

Paul
    VFX Supervisor @ www.parasol-island.com personal website www.dryzen.com latest reel http://vimeo.com/23603917

Hi,
    There is a thread here : http://www.chaosgroup.com/forums/vbu...ive-renderview
    But yes, it will be very great if we have this for Vray For Maya.
    I work also with nuke, and i must to reload all images for each "render".
    www.deex.info

Comment

I think we evaluated pdPlayer some time ago and if I remember correctly there the live connection was possible, too. Could be wrong on this, though.

Comment

I know that people have written a .vrimg file previewer that shows the V-Ray image in Nuke as it is being rendered, way before the rman connect thingy, and which might ultimately be more useful. In any case, it is certainly possible to write an output plugin for V-Ray to do what you want.

Best regards,
        Vlado
        I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Is the vrimg file specification freely available?

Comment

There is a library that comes with the V-Ray SDK that allows the reading and writing of .vrimg files. We can also get you the file format description, but it is a lot simpler to just use the library.

Best regards,
            Vlado

Comment

Great, thanks!

Comment

Thanks for all the pointers. We will create a plugin for Fusion and Nuke. I´m not sure when (Pipeline guy is bussy) but if everything is working fine we will try to release it as freeware for everyone.
                VFX Supervisor @ www.parasol-island.com personal website www.dryzen.com latest reel http://vimeo.com/23603917

Comment

Nice Paul, thank you!

Comment

Originally posted by paulDryzen View Post
                    Thanks for all the pointers. We will create a plugin for Fusion and Nuke. I´m not sure when (Pipeline guy is bussy) but if everything is working fine we will try to release it as freeware for everyone.
                    Thank you Paul !
                    If it can work with Vray RT (IPR) it will be great !
                    www.deex.info

Comment

Originally posted by bigbossfr View Post
                      Thank you Paul !
                      If it can work with Vray RT (IPR) it will be great !
                      But a little bit limited, since RT doesn't support Render Elements, right?

Comment

Originally posted by pechart View Post
                        But a little bit limited, since RT doesn't support Render Elements, right?
                        For now

Best regards,
                        Vlado

Comment

This connection would be more something for real rendering, not for RT.

I use RT for basic shader and light tweaking, detailed stuff is not really possible to tweak. Computers are not fast enough

Comment

Originally posted by paulDryzen View Post
                            This connection would be more something for real rendering, not for RT.

I use RT for basic shader and light tweaking, detailed stuff is not really possible to tweak. Computers are not fast enough
                            I do some colors correct with VrayRT to have great color on texture when i do the lookDev ^^. It is more fast to color correct some textures with VrayRT than Vray, to match the exact color with the "real" prop/character.
                            www.deex.info

Comment

Working...
                            X