RT executable

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RT executable

I noticed the extra Vray RT executable is now gone in the new version of Vray RT. You know, the little process that would pop up at the bottom when clicking the ipr button.
    I kinda liked being able to kill the process,.. in fact so much I would love to have it added to the standard Vray renderer. We have some really large scenes and rendering at full 1920
    can take quite a long time to stop by just hitting "esc".
    I'm just guessing it may be possible, because if you render a specific viewport,.. it loads,.. and you can still switch viewports and make changes while it still renders that last viewport. I'd just like
    to kill the process quickly.
    Or is that a bad idea....

thx

It never went anywhere; the process is still there. Check the task manager for vray.exe

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

All I see is the Maya.exe memory change. If I kill that, Maya closes.

ah.. I see. Its a vray spawner service now....

ok.. It popped up now.. must be a windows thing not refreshing. Either way, is there a way for Vray.exe to show up for the regular renderer, and not just RT?

Thanks Vlado
      Last edited by refract; 17-04-2012, 11:39 AM.

Comment

Currently there is not way to use a separate process for the production renderer.
        V-Ray developer

Comment

Originally posted by t.petrov View Post
          Currently there is not way to use a separate process for the production renderer.
          ...other than exporting a .vrscene and running V-Ray Standalone.

Best regards,
          Vlado
          I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

Working...
          X