Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Crop render

Heya

Right a bit of a custom ich request. I know that Maya dev team is working on it but I doubt if it will be any good etc etc.

Anyway can Vray have a crop render function in settings so that it will pick region render and render just that part of scene as crop like 3ds max? It would save so much memory and issues with big images and other stuff...

Thanks, bye.
    CGI - Freelancer - Available for work

www.dariuszmakowski.com - come and look

Will make a note for it, but in the meantime you can use the -crop option of the standalone...

Best regards,
    Vlado
    I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

mmmm docs info about it anywhere?

Comment

Run the standalone without parameters and it will print the relevant info.

Best regards,
        Vlado
        I only act like I know everything, Rogers.

Comment

There are options in V-Ray standalone to "crop" or render a "region." Region is nice because it renders the image at the same resolution as normal and only renders that region, versus the crop which only renders an image size cropped into what you give it. Usage for region is basically this...

vray -sceneFile=whatever.vrscene -region="200;200;300;300"

If you want to try the crop alternative the syntax is the same...

vray -sceneFile=whatever.vrscene -crop="200;200;300;300"

If you render a bunch of region pieces and want to combine them into a full image you can just comp them all together with a max operation.

Comment

Heya

Got some time to get around it so will try some tests.

Do you know maybe if I can get it to work with deadline tile render option? I'm facing 10k render with 4kx3k of actual pixels needing rendering. Was wondering if I can make deadline render the cropped area only or I have to waste 30min+ or more on each image - it gets pricier when I'm using render farm whh

Thanks, bye.

Comment

Working...
            X